Friday 23 August 2013

A week with walks, sleepiness and hedgehogs ...

edited with Repix-App

Happy Birthday Little Mermaid! 
This statue in the harbour of Copenhagen, an embodiment of a fairy-tale character of Hans Christian Andersen, celebrates 100 years today. 




We've had warm, windstill evenings this week - 
We went for a walk both on Monday and yesterday evenings.




I had my first encounter with an energy drink - beverage yesterday. I've been rather tired - sleeping a nap after work, going early to bed, and yet yawning all ready at 11 am. I bought a Cult Coke, that contains 150 ml caffein (I was to read a whole lot at work for a course next week). 

I usually have lunch at 11:30, but it was first later in the afternoon that I realised that I hadn't eaten yet - I was alert, sharp and reading with concentration for many hours. As I came home from work at 6 pm., I went for a walk with a friend, and we walked for 8,5 km ... and still without any appetite - so I just had fruit for the dinner. The walk had though "burned" the caffein, so I was able to sleep in the evening ...

I'm not going to have energy drinks for some time now - That amount caffein has a bit too strong effect on me ... I'm eating strong D-vitamins instead :)




Yellow leaves are appearing here and there ... the autumn is about to arrive.




We saw 5 small hedgehog-babies on the lawn yesterday evening... adorable little creatures! Their mom was nowhere to be seen, so my friend called to a vet, who adviced her to give them some water. If these little fellows keep on cruising around without their mom, we're to call to the vet again: They'll come and take the hedgehog babies to "foster care", until they're big enough to manage on their own.


It's Friday ... No alarms going off tomorrow!

Happy weekend to you,

Nina


Sharing with

Friday Photo Journal

10 comments:

  1. Love the hedgehog, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly hedgehogs as pets are illegal here in CA...they're so cute. I'm glad to hear they have a safe place to go if mom doesn't show up. Love the tones of your evening photo. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are just lovely. I really liked the 2nd one. Is that a lake or a river. Either way it was very scenic and pretty.
    Oh my those little hedgehogs are adorably cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how you edited your first shot. I hope momma hedgehog shows up.
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you have had a good time with photo art..Very nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know...I think I might have to try that energy drink...I could use some of that gusto♥ Have a great weekend Nina!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And a happy weekend to you, too! Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never had an energy drink -- but I'm rather sensitive to caffeine, so I'll stay away. :)

    Love that little hedgehog. I hope the momma comes home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pictures. That baby hedgehog is adorable! I'm not a big energy drink person either. I have trouble sleeping at night, so I am avoiding caffeine in the evening. I'm sure that drink would have me up all night!

    I would love it if you would share this post or another photography post at Photog Show and Tell link party.

    Thanks and have a great week!
    ~Bethany the ngnrdgrl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I read and enjoy them all and I'll do my best to to hop on over to your blog for a visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
//